Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cross Stitch review





Little Women. Cross stitch. and Christmas.  What do they all have in common?

Well a beautiful little sampler piece that can either be made into a pillow, framed, incorporated into a quilt or whatever else your imagination and creativity can inspire.  I had the pleasure of receiving the beautiful design that says "We've got Father and Mother, and each other. Beth, Little Women" from My Simple Walk and it's so simple it can be completed in one day, a great thing for a busy mom like me who likes to cross stitch but find the time to complete a sampler not available.

While I wasn't able to complete the pattern in the time of this review, my printer ran out of ink and I didn't have access to a new one or new ink, I can't wait to stitch this piece after Christmas when I will be able to get new ink.  The design is simple and is all whole stitches, no pesky halves or quarter stitches and with only two colors (unless you want to make one for each season) there isn't a lot of thread changes either - a definite plus!

Kelly has a lot of nice ideas at her blog, My Simple Walk for crafty videos and other interesting posts and you can also visit her Etsy store, Kelly's Needlearts which has some of her other products available to purchase as well as this easy to follow cross stitch chart for $3.50.

 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment